I’m a young person

A group of young peopleLife can be challenging. Family life, friends, school, work and many other things can leave you feeling stressed, sad, lonely or worried. The most important thing to remember is that you're not alone, and looking for advice and support is exactly the right thing to do.

Our advice on coping with your feelings and emotions might help if you're worried about your wellbeing or mental health, or just need a little advice.

If you're concerned about your mental health, talk to someone who knows you, such as your parents, carers or a teacher. Together, you can then contact a GP, school nurse (you can text them directly at 07480 635511) or social worker, who can advise on the sort of help you might need. If appropriate, they will arrange an appointment for you with CAMHS. For advice about talking to people about your mental health, check out our page on starting conversations.

You can browse the information in this section for young people using the links below: